Supporting UK and International compliance with statutory, regulatory, business and tax laws and internal policies and procedures.
- Supporting the Legal Counsel/ Senior Legal Counsel in compliance with statutory, regulatory, business and tax laws and internal policies and procedure for all group entities
- Supporting general contracting activities (drafting and advising on a wide range of commercial contracts with clients, contractors, agents and suppliers)
- Liaise with external legal firms
- Assisting with drafting and maintaining a suite of standard legal templates
- Assisting in supporting various areas of the business including BD, HR, Finance, IT and Resourcing
- Researching legal issues relating to new country entry and changes to existing overseas markets.
- Assisting with ITT’s, accreditations, registrations and PSL qualifications
- Monitoring legal risks to the business
- Assisting with annual insurance policy renewals and maintaining relationships with external insurance brokers
- Overseeing due diligence of the approved vendor list and all ITT submissions
- Supporting the ITT commercial process
- Maintain directory of all live contracts
- Liaising with external tax advisors
- Supporting finance to manage tax planning, interaction with commercial pricing and dealing with tax office enquiries
- Researching all overseas tax issues for the group
- Working in conjunction with the Legal Counsel/ Senior Legal Counsel to monitor and minimise tax risks to the business
- Dealing with IR35 status determinations and contractor queries
We seek to appoint an Assistant Legal & Tax Counsel to support our Legal Counsel and Senior Legal Counsel.
Status: Permanent Full Time
Location: Aberdeen (hybrid)
Required Experience & Attributes: experience of working in legal or contracts and procurement within the energy sector is preferred, knowledge and/or understanding of LOGIC contracts is preferred. We seek a strong desire to learn, motivation, good communication and with excellent attention to detail.
This role will ideally suit an individual who has gained industry experience, it is not a trainee post. Career development will be offered and full support in attaining the ADIT International Tax Qualification will be offered.
If you seek career development and can offer the experience and qualifications we seek we would be pleased to hear from you, please apply or get in touch.
Back to Careers