The cost controller will support Wells Engineers with preparation of AFEs, daily cost control, monthly financial inputs, contract administration and cooperate with Logistics Coordinators.
- Assist the wells project team with preparation of cost estimates for client AFEs and projects in conjunction with the Lead Cost Controller
- Ensure that cost commitment and forecast expenditure is being reviewed and reported on a daily basis during drilling operations and ensuring that all information is accurate and correctly input
- Support the review and processing of invoices to ensure compliance with the commercial terms of contracts and correct coding of costs
- Prepare the timely and accurate preparation of monthly Value of Work Done (VOWD) cost estimates and monthly/quarterly re-forecasts
- Prepare Well Reconciliations ensuring that any variances are identified, investigated and resolved
- Supporting the contracts and procurement team in the contracting and procurement of drilling materials and services, ensuring that C&P activity falls within planned budgets and that drilling requisitions are coded correctly
- Supporting the Wells Engineers and contracts and procurement team in the preparation and issuing of call off orders (COO)
- Providing any and all necessary support during routine audits of well costs by corporate auditors, partners, and statutory auditors
- Implement the required invoicing and call off/purchase order procedure for clients
- Provide support to the finance team as and when required
- Project Value of Work Done (VOWD) & Expected Final Value (EFC)
- Preparation and issuing call off orders (COO)
- Maintaining COO and invoice trackers
- Client timesheets and invoicing in conjunction with finance
- Co-operate with Company health and safety requirements to ensure that statutory duties are met
- Abide by and promote the implementation and continuous improvement of the QHSSE system
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in relevant subject field required
- Formal accounting qualification strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance roles in the oil and gas industry is essential, with at least 2 years’ experience in direct support of drilling activities
- Good understanding of E&P operations, particularly drilling and well services operations
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience
- Team player able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- Adaptable and able to manage workload, often multiple tasks and changing priorities, effectively under pressure
- Detail conscious with strong organisational and administrative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
Exceed has an exciting opportunity for a Cost Controller to join our Aberdeen team.
The Cost Controller will support Wells Engineers with preparation of AFEs, daily cost control, monthly financial inputs, contract administration and cooperate with Logistics Coordinators.
Candidates must have an Accountancy/Finance degree, 5 years+ Oil & Gas and experience as a Cost Controller is preferred.
If you have the experience and passion to become an integral part of Exceed's continuing success, please apply below.Back to Careers