- To provide timely customer billing and effective management of accounts receivable.
- To ensure the accuracy and integrity of reported sales revenue, minimising contract leakage through the reconciliation and verification of source documentation.
- To assist with the provision of retrospective information (accounts, reports, and billing log) to support financial decision-making.
- To develop and implement accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
- Wider finance department tasks incorporating: Accounts payable activities; Treasury aspects; Management accountant period end duties
- Preparing sales invoices using approved staff/contractor timesheets, in accordance with customer invoicing instructions, and per agreed deadlines.
- Bill according to Renumeration section in client contract in alignment to client issued purchase orders.
- Obtaining relevant approval(s) of invoices prior to issuance to customer.
- Processing and uploading of customer invoices in NetSuite.
- Raising sales credit notes, as required.
- Collation and management of incoming withholding tax certificates from clients, tracking and following up with the clients where these are missing.
- Reviewing and reconciling all client rechargeable expenses to eliminate contract leakage.
- Assisting with the monthly timesheet & expense reconciliation for all projects to ensure complete data capture and recharge and to eliminate contract leakage.
- Responding to customer VAT queries, requesting advice, as necessary.
- Managing customer billing queries through liaison with the Project Managers in a timely manner.
- Assist where required for intercompany billing.
- Assist where required in Credit control.
- Assist where required in timesheet capture and input.
- Preparing revenue accruals for all customer projects in a timely manner at the end of each month.
- Managing and maintaining customer & project records within the accounting software (NetSuite):
- Coordinating relevant financial information (client contracts etc.) for new and existing projects.
- Ensuring timely setup in NetSuite prior to client delivery commencing.
- Ensuring customers are approved customers and details are maintained and reviewed regularly.
- Ensuring all intercompany projects are set up as per the Group Transfer Pricing Matrix.
- Ensuring that Finance is aware of upcoming projects for forecasting.
- Reviewing NetSuite projects listings and deactivating completed projects.
- Facilitating and developing the new project process on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure valid POs are in place with sufficient values to allow for timely billing by:
- Liaising with Project Managers and/or Customer to ensure valid POs are in place.
- Ensuring effective file management of all client project related documentation.
- Supporting ongoing development of the Project module in NetSuite, including billing capability.
- Assisting with the development of improved NetSuite outputs for Project Managers and the Management Team.
Documentation and Controls:
- Monitoring adherence to and assisting with the ongoing development of accounting policies, procedure flowcharts and internal controls.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Supporting the creation of the annual budget with the Head of Finance, as required.
- Assisting with periodic reforecasting of sales revenue.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships:
- Internally with Project Managers, Cost Control, Legal and within the Finance team.
- Externally with support providers, customers, and other agencies.
EXTENSION Other Duties:
- Accounts payable
- Cash Management
- Management Accountancy period end duties
- Providing ad hoc support and financial analyses as required.
- Providing support and holiday cover to the other Finance functions as required.
- Liaising with in-country Auditors to provide requested information and respond to audit enquiries.
TARGET : All round Qualified Financial Accountant
- Adherence of Finance department to accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Adherence to deadlines for monthly reporting.
- Timely customer billing including cost recharge and no contract leakage.
- Effective management of accounts receivable.
- Ensuring that customers and projects are setup in NetSuite, and that details are reviewed regularly.
- Supporting the ongoing development of NetSuite.
- Co-operate with Company health and safety requirements to ensure that statutory duties are met.
- Abide by and promote the implementation and continuous improvement of the QHSE system.
- Comply with all the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Economics/Accounting Degree or Diploma.
- Part-qualified/Qualified Accountant.
- Experience in a similar role, preferably in the oil & gas industry.
- Experience using ERP financial software.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel.
Exceed has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join our Finance team within our Aberdeen office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for: providing timely customer billing and effective management of accounts receivable; ensuring the accuracy and integrity of reported sales revenue; assisting with the provision of retrospective information to support financial decision making; developing and implementing accounting systems, policies and procedures.
Candidates must have experience in a similar role, experience of using ERP financial software and preferably experience in the oil and gas industry.
If you have the experience and passion to become an integral part of Exceed's continuing success, please apply below.Back to Careers