LEGAL & TAX ASSISTANT (ABERDEEN, UK)
Supporting the legal department to ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory, business and tax laws and internal policies and procedures for all group entities and to minimise risk to the business.
- Supporting the Legal Counsel/ Senior Legal Counsel in compliance with statutory, regulatory, business and tax laws and internal policies and procedure for all group entities
- Supporting general contracting activities (drafting and advising on a wide range of commercial contracts with clients, contractors, agents and suppliers)
- Liaise with external legal firms
- Assisting with drafting and maintaining a suite of standard legal templates
- Assisting in supporting various areas of the business including BD, HR, Finance, IT and Resourcing
- Researching legal issues relating to new country entry and changes to existing overseas markets.
- Assisting with ITT’s, accreditations, registrations and PSL qualifications
- Monitoring legal risks to the business
- Assisting with annual insurance policy renewals and maintaining relationships with external insurance brokers
- Overseeing due diligence of the approved vendor list and all ITT submissions
- Supporting the ITT commercial process
- Liaising with external tax advisors
- Supporting finance to manage tax planning, interaction with commercial pricing and dealing with tax office enquiries
- Researching all overseas tax issues for the group
- Working in conjunction with the Legal Counsel/ Senior Legal Counsel to monitor and minimise tax risks to the business
- LLB Law Degree at 2:1
- LLM/MSc Oil and Gas Law preferable
- Experience working within the energy sector or legal profession preferable
- Experience working with LOGIC contracts preferable
- Motivated and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong desire to learn
- Effective communicator
- Strong attention to detail
This role is not a legal trainee position however the successful applicant will be supported through the ADIT International Tax qualificationApply Now Refer a friend
Legal & Tax Assistant (Aberdeen, UK)
Exceed has an exciting opportunity for a Legal & Tax Assistant to join our company while it supports our clients through the energy transition. Within this role, you will work within a small team dealing directly with Clients, Operators and Service Companies, liaising with external Professional Advisors, and working closely with our Supply Chain, Commercial and Finance departments. The successful applicant will gain valuable hands-on experience in all legal and fiscal aspects of delivering projects for domestic and international blue chip companies.
The successful applicant will also be supported through the accredited ADIT International Tax qualification.
Experience working within the energy sector and with LOGIC contracts is preferable. If you have the ambition and drive to become an integral part of Exceed’s continuing success, please follow the APPLY NOW process.Back to Careers