Managed Pressure Drilling Operations Engineer (Staff)
Managed Pressure Drilling Operations Engineer to support the MPD division within the Exceed group.
- Responsible to develop an MPD management system that integrates into the Exceed well delivery system [Planning / Execute / Review]
- Act as an inhouse expert regarding all aspects of Managed Pressure Drilling
- Perform upfront engineer studies for operators to show best application of MPD techniques & technologies for planned wells
- Create training material and instruct training courses as required
- Create and maintain inhouse procedures and work process with guidance from the MPD management team to strengthen the MPD product line
- Perform Project Management in local and/or remote client offices if required
- Provide coverage offshore as required for operations
- Lead onsite Managed Pressure Drilling related operations, and drive performance
- Support ongoing projects as required by the projects team
- Preparation of job work program and procedural details prior job execution
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting and advising on Managed Pressure Drilling engineering issues at the worksite
- Observe and record all Managed Pressure Drilling operations and performance data
- Valid Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (UK BOSIET)
- IWCF Supervisor Level 4 Drilling Well Control Certificate
- Must be proficient in the use of MS office and have generally good IT skills
- Person should be highly motivated and driven to promote continuous improvement
- Candidate should be capable of instructing & coaching crews on all operations and liaising with client on all
- Must have experience in performing engineering studies and utilising flow modelling software
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with well operator company representative, drilling contractor & 3rd parties
- Must have an active personal interest in the MPD industry and emerging technologies
- Able to safely & effectively manage, supervise and participate in the installation of MPD equipment.
- Extensive Upstream Oil & Gas
- Significant Managed Pressure Drilling experience
- Proven experience within an MPD operational leadership role
- MPCD & Deepwater experience is advantageous
Due to continuing growth, Exceed MPR is currently recruiting a Managed Pressure Drilling Operations Engineer to be based in the Aberdeen office on a staff basis.
Candidates should have significant experience working within Managed Pressure Drilling operations, offshore and onshore planning with a strong engineering and operational background.
If you have the experience and passion to become an integral part of Exceed MPR's continuing success, please send your CV and advise of your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised that candidates must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this vacancy.Back to Careers