- Set objectives by agreement with client to define the deliverables of the project.
- Create the Contract Management Plan by reference to the Contract and by discussion with the Client to ensure that the methodology for execution of the Contract is defined and understood by all parties.
- Manage project as per Exceed or Client well management system.
- Anticipate schedule and operational problems by ensuring that the team adopt robust processes to plan for contingencies.
- Investigate the application of appropriate technology by encouraging supplier initiative and understanding how project results may be improved by selection of fit for purpose techniques.
- Allocate resources by predicting workload and schedule to enable work to be completed on time.
- Control cost by monitoring expenditure and forecasting to end of project to prevent uncontrolled budget overrun occurring.
- Technical review of documents created by team and taking responsibility for those documents.
- Manage the relationship with client, stakeholders and suppliers
- Discuss and approve operations by consultation with the offshore supervisors, project team personnel and suppliers at the operational meetings and whenever necessary to deliver effective planning and decision making that is in accordance with the programme.
- Implement processes that provide effective control and approval of proposed changes to the programme.
- Monitor and approve all project expenditures and manage project finances according to Clients and Exceed established accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide wells technical support to the offshore team.
- Participate in emergency response by involvement in exercise scenarios and being first point of call for the Drilling Supervisor
Direct the completion of reports by defining a list of reports to be completed with deadlines that are agreed with the client to ensure client requirements are met.
- Establish a project schedule by considering objectives and client needs to control and priorities all project activities.
- Maintain the schedule by tracking progress and re-scheduling for changes as they occur to keep control of and prioritise activities.
Improve performance by setting goals and measuring performance to align all team members and as a tool for communicating results with the client.
Formulate a procurement plan for service, materials and equipment based on the project schedule which identifies lead times, selection processes and expediting procedures to have all materials and services prepared for operations in a timely and cost-effective manner. Complete unit selection and all well decom related equipment required to execute well decom project.
Interface Resolution and Communication
- Implement formal communication to identify, understand, record, track and close out actions that cross interfaces between the project team, client, suppliers and other bodies to promote accurate and effective communication within the project.
- Consult and involve all project participants including third party and rig personnel by transferring knowledge and information to promote teamwork and to have a shared understanding of project objectives and programme within all personnel introduced to the project.
- Represent Exceed Well Management Group by developing communication with the client, legislative bodies and third parties to improve working relationships and improve the client’s perception of Exceed Well Management Group capabilities.
Mentor less experienced staff as required.
- Establish a safety culture for the project team by defining safety processes and objectives to deliver operations without harm to personnel, the environment or equipment.
- Ensure that company Quality, Safety and Environmental Polices are known, understood and supported.
- Develop and support project specific HSE Plans.
- Comply with and implement the Exceed Management System by administering the use of appropriate processes with recorded documentary evidence to ensure the Project is auditable and traceable. Ensure that the project team personnel and sub-contractors are, as required, compliant with the Exceed Management System.
- Supervise compliance with legislation by preparation of a Consents system and involvement of client and third-party personnel to ensure that all applications to the legislative bodies are timely and of correct content.
- Make recommendations for the improvement of the Exceed Management System.
Relevant University Degree
Must be able to demonstrate depth of experience within Drilling Engineering with knowledge of completions, subsea and offshore supervisory experience.
Apply Now Refer a friend
POSITION TYPE: Contract or Permanent
LOCATION: Aberdeen, UK and Project Location
In support of our continued growth we currently seek to appoint an experienced Project Manager with experience within Wells Decommissioning.
The role will report to the Head of Decommissioning with responsibility for the set-up and control of the project team in providing safe, efficient and cost-effective delivery of a client well programme. You will be responsible for all planning, execution, reporting, scheduling, performance and procurement project activities and interface resolution and communication.
In addition, you will be accountable for establishing a safety culture for the project team by defining safety processes and objectives to deliver operations without harm to personnel, the environment or equipment and champion Exceed standards across all activity and stakeholders.
If you would like to be considered or find out more about this position with Exceed get in touch by using the 'Apply Now' button on this page. We would be pleased to talk to you.
Back to Careers