Wellsite Drilling Engineer is responsible for the provision of general drilling engineering support and the supervision of sub-contracted services upon the installation. Perform drilling engineering function at the wellsite and deputise for Drilling Supervisor.
- Assist and deputise for Drilling Supervisor in managing rig operations. On request, prepare morning reports, casing tallies, cement calculations and other documents and spreadsheets as required
- Participate in compilation of daily work instructions and action plans for prevention of stuck pipe
- Be familiar with the well objectives and the detailed drilling programme
- Careful consideration to upcoming requirements for personnel, bulks and tools
- Assist the Logistics Co-ordinator by compiling a daily operations lookahead
- Perform visual check of all rental tools and tangibles arriving on the rig to ensure that the correct items have been received in correct quantity and in satisfactory quality (as can be determined from a visual check)
- Ensure that records of dimensions are kept for all rental equipment run in hole
- Maintain an electronic model of the wellbore to crosscheck observed versus calculated torque,drag and hydraulics
- Maintain hard copy and electronic well files to meet the requirements of the Well Examination scheme, ensure timely despatch of such records to the office-based Operations Engineer for archiving
- Compile section summaries and key learnings for eventual inclusion in the End-of-well report
- Optimise logistics versus changing downhole workscope
- Regular offshore travel
- Offshore medical
Exceed is currently recruiting Wellsite Drilling Engineers for UK operations - candidates should be degree qualified and have proven experience in the Oil and Gas industry of which several years with an Operator in a Wellsite Engineering capacity is preferred. Recent and proven experience of supporting drilling operations in the UKCS is advantageous.
To be considered for this role candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
If you have the experience and passion to become an integral part of Exceed's continuing success, please send your CV and advise of your availability to email@example.com
Back to Careers