Our holistic service creates the aggregation and the associated economies of scale which result in both cost and operational efficiencies, whilst optimising QHSE performance.
EXCEED’s fully-integrated approach to well decommissioning encompasses financial due-diligence and feasibility studies through to end-to-end well decommissioning solutions. This includes detailed planning, well decommissioning design, commercial and project management, provision of all required personnel, safe execution and acceleration of the learning curve.
EXCEED’s well decommissioning experts have worked on some of the industry’s largest decommissioning campaigns, resulting in unrivalled knowledge, best practice and the use of innovative tooling methods.
- Cost estimators’ sensitivity analysis
- Field decommissioning cost diligence studies including SWOT
- Solutions for offline operations and use of rigless equipment/offline operations wherever possible
- Annular cement and isolation logging and interpretation
- Analysis to ascertain if remedial work is required prior to P&A
- Perforate, wash and cement
- Casing milling
- Pressurised annulus management
- Application of new technology and cement plug placement methods to the industry
- Optimisation of equipment operation, reducing resource duplication, HSE exposure and campaign contract leakage
- Working with vendors to improve tool performance
- Reviewing emerging technology, challenging guidelines and presenting potential benefits and risks
Our in-house well decommissioning feasibility studies have provided some of the world’s largest operators with a comprehensive assessment of well decommissioning requirements and the associated safety, liability, risked time and cost estimates. This includes:
- UK SNS study to decommission a jack-up drilled subsea production well
- UK CNS study to abandon a six well subsea development
- Well Abandonment Technical Peer Review for Central North Sea subsea well abandonment campaign
- International 220 well decommissioning due diligence study for an asset transaction:
- Well status review
- Development of well decommissioning philosophy
- Determination of well decommissioning delivery method
- Identification and mitigation project risks
- Develop time and cost estimates
Setting the Standard - iVISION
EXCEED’s iVISION sets the standard in well decommissioning best practice, the platform enables real-time transfer of learning, procedural videos and continuous improvement. The result? We’re trusted by clients to deliver their well P&A objectives through constant innovation, collaboration and commitment.
Decommissioning is evolving and those operating within that sector are on a learning curve that, if managed correctly, has the potential to set them ahead of their competitors.
Performance Improvement at this stage is critical to ensure the global decommissioning sector is both sustainable and target-achieving.